We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable cakes
- Courgette cake
This recipe makes two moist courgette and walnut loaf cakes! They are flavoured with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut.
16 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 2 loaf cakes
- 375g self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 325g caster sugar
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 120g melted butter
- 120ml honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 375g grated unpeeled courgette
- 120g chopped walnuts
- 45g coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease two 22cm x 12cm loaf tins. Stir together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, oil, butter, honey and vanilla together in a large bowl. Stir in grated courgette, walnuts and coconut. Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf tins.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre of a loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool completely before slicing or storing in an airtight container.