We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bread without yeast
This is a really easy and delicious side dish to have with fajitas, chilli, part of meze or picnic. It is best straight from the oven but can be eaten cold or reheated the next day.
Essex, England, UK
14 people made this
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green chillies
- 175g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 125ml creme fraiche
- 250g Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125g cornmeal (polenta)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat egg and oil until blended.
- Add all the other ingredients except 50g of the cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a 20cm shallow cake tin or divide into 12 hole muffin tray.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes if baking in cake tin or 25 minutes if using muffin tray.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out and serve.
Ensure all ingredients are gluten free by reading the labels first.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Will drop the salt next time as the cheese more than makes up for it.-17 Aug 2017
Bit crumbly but tasted awesome. Might add more wet stuff today.-20 Nov 2016
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup taco-flavored shredded cheese
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch iron skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat. 2. COMBINE all ingredients except cheese, stirring just until moistened. 3. POUR half of batter into hot skillet sprinkle evenly with cheese. Pour remaining batter over cheese. 4. BAKE 35 to 40 minutes.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup shortening (melted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 (8-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chile peppers (chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers (minced, or as desired)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
Preheat the oven to 425 F/220 C/Gas 7.
Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine the cornmeal, melted shortening, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In another bowl whisk the eggs with the buttermilk. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Add the cream-style corn and mild chile peppers, along with minced jalapeno peppers, if using stir to blend.
Pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the batter.
Spoon remaining batter over the cheese layer and then top with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set and lightly browned around the edges.
Mexican Corn Bread Salad( 20 Votes)
You must be logged in to add a private note. Login | Register
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You must be logged in to add a recipe. Login | Register
Share This Recipe
Mexican Corn Bread Salad is a colorful layered salad that tastes like a fiesta in a bowl. This novel summer salad looks as awesome as it tastes, and is a fantastic recipe to share at potlucks or other summer parties. These layers are sure to impress and the taste is second to none. Anyone would be proud to have this party recipe in their cookbook!
Mexican Corn Bread With Ground Beef
Preparation time : 70 mins. (approx.) | Serves 4-6 persons
This Mexican Corn Bread is prepared with ground beef which is sandwiched between corn bread. This bread has lots of flavor including beef, corns, cheese and peppers and all combine to give delicious cornbread.
1 lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp ginger (minced)
2 tbsp oil
8 oz cheddar cheese
1 can creamed corn
3 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup cornmeal
1. In a saucepan, fry beef with ginger and garlic in oil and cook till gets brown, then remove it from heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, buttermilk, eggs, corn, and peppers.
3. Take a deep baking dish, pour half of the cornmeal batter into dish, then make a layer of each ground beef, cheese, and onions and then pour remaining cornmeal mix on top.
4. Place the dish in preheated oven for 50 mins. at 350 degree F.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bacon slices in crisscross pattern in bottom of 10.5x2-inch cast-iron skillet. Place skillet in oven for 15 minutes or until bacon drippings evenly cover bottom of skillet.
Tilt skillet to distribute drippings evenly. (Drippings will prevent corn bread from sticking)
Whisk together cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl set aside.
Whisk together corn and next 3 ingredients stir into cornmeal mixture. Stir in peppers and 1 1/2 cups cheese just until blended. Spoon batter into skillet. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven sprinkle remaining cheese over bread. Bake 10 minutes until cheese melts and bread is golden. Remove from oven to wire rack let stand 10 minutes. Loosen edges with metal spatula flip bread into serving plate. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
What you need for cornbread
A note on a few of the items:
Canned creamed corn is the key ingredient here. Ordinary canned corn kernels won’t work
Cornmeal – ground from dried maize, these yellow grains add flavour and a hint of the signature tiny “crunch” to cornbread. Cornmeal is sold incorrectly labelled as “polenta” in most stores in Australia! Polenta is actually an Italian side dish which is made using cornmeal.
Beefy Mexican Corn Bread
This Mexican cornbread with meat is more than a bread. it's a meal in itself. Mexican cornbread casserole is hearty and delicious, and is the perfect meal for a cool Autumn night.
For lots more tantalizing cornbread recipes (or do you say corn bread recipes?), check out our collection here.
LIke this recipe? Be sure to download the Free 27 Simple Mexican Recipes eCookbook today!
- 1 1 / 2 pound ground beef
- 1 1 / 2 cup self rising corn meal
- 1 16-ounce can yellow cream style corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 / 3 cup cooking oil
- 1 1 / 2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Brown beef and drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients together.
- Add browned beef and mix again.
- Place in 1 large or 2 small, well-greased pans.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
I made this tonight & my family & friends keep asking me for the recipe. Thanks Recipe Lion.
tried this what can I say family LOVED it great on a chilly or rainy evening guess that's when you need those warm filling recipes THANX !!(PS for faster way try packaged cornbread mix just not as much liquid cause other ingredients make up for the liquid)
add dish of pinto beans and you have a hearty meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Wife Saver Casserolevideocam
This Wife Saver Casserole is given it's name for a few different reasons. This is a delicious, quick, and easy casserole that is&hellip See more Continue reading: "Wife Saver Casserolevideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
Microwave the onion and jalapeño in butter.
- 1/4 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese with Jalapeno and pepper cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 jiffy corn muffin mix
Preheat oven to 350. In a large microwave safe dish (I use my 6 cup size Pyrex measuring cup) combine cheese and milk, nuke till cheese is melted. Stir to blend cheese mix add muffin mix to the bowl and then add the egg. Stir till blended, it may be lumpy because of muffin mix but don't worry, that normal. Using cooking spray, prepare an 8" square or small oven safe skillet. I use the skillet, then serve it left in the skillet at the table. Bake for about 20 minutes, knife inserted in center to check if done. Cut into slices or squares.