We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef pasta
Use lean mince to make this lighter spag bol, which is under 400 calories. You can use turkey mince or vegetarian mince to make it even lighter.
Sussex, England, UK
16 people made this
- 125g lean minced beef
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 50g spaghetti (dried weight)
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- In a saucepan, heat the mince on a low heat until the fat starts to grease the pan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper to the pan. Stir continuously until the mince is browned, then add the tomatoes. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- While your meat mixture simmers, boil salted water in another saucepan for your spaghetti. Cook as directed on packet.
- Drain spaghetti and pour the meat and tomato mixture on top. Serve!
This spaghetti bolognese can be made even lower calorie by draining the fat from the meat once it is browned. Another adaption could be using vegetarian 'soya mince' or Quorn® mince instead of beef mince.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
a lovely light weight version of a family favourite-11 May 2016