We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 12 (serving size: 1 cup)
If you can’t find golden or Chioggia beets, just use red beets; wear gloves to prevent stains on your hands. Once tossed with the dressing, the vegetables wilt slightly to a crisp-tender texture. You can make the dressing a day ahead and reheat just before tossing with the salad; shave the vegetables (but not the apple) up to a day ahead.
- 6 bacon slices, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel (1 [13-oz.] bulb)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled red beet (1 [5-oz.] beet)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled golden beet (1 [5-oz.] beet)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled Chioggia beet (1 [5-oz.] beet)
- 1 cup thinly sliced Honeycrisp apple (1 [6-oz.] apple)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (5-oz.) container arugula (6 cups)
- Calories 147
- Fat 12g
- Satfat 2g
- Unsatfat 9g
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 5g
- Added sugars 1g
- Sodium 238mg
- Calcium 4% DV
- Potassium 6% DV
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate; reserve 3 tablespoons drippings in a medium bowl. Whisk oil, Dijon, vinegar, molasses, and salt into drippings.
Toss together fennel, beets, apple, tarragon, chives, arugula, and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Transfer beet mixture to a platter. Sprinkle with cooked bacon; serve immediately.